Pages

Saturday 12 July 2014

872014

I opened the door.

An onslaught of strange stares and gazes from the battalion of bewildered eyes attacked me in an instance. I shielded the assault with a smile. After all, a smile is a curved line that sets things straight. 

My arrival marked the end of the stochasticity in the room. Everyone was racing to sit back in their position. Not a single thing is audible, except for the thuds in my chest. The atmosphere was suppressed by my existence. I put my things on the table; my eyeballs scanning the timid faces in front of me. The sensation which rushed through my veins was unfathomable and inexplicable. Their minds were hung by a clear uncertainty: what kind of man am I?

It took me nine seconds to reveal to them who I am:

"Assalamualaikum everyone. I will be your new lecturer."
                                      

 

No comments:

Post a Comment