Pages

Saturday 28 July 2012

Short Story: Pieces of Me


                I was startled by her decision to lash out those painful and icy-cold words. She’s not her anymore. And she’s not here too. She whom I knew and thought as someone who was really kind has obviously gone to somewhere else so alienated even she could not recognize herself anymore. That girl in front of me at that moment was not Jenny. She’s the embodiment of her accumulated hatred and disdain towards me which I presumed have coagulated at the bottom of her heart for so long. Should I see this kind of predicament coming earlier, I would have fled away from our malfunctioning relationship. Falling in love with her was not a good decision at all, but still I perpetuated confessing and expressing my vulnerable emotion towards her despite the signs; after several on-and-offs.
                

               I met Jenny two years ago, a polite and smart girl who seemed to be every man’s dream girl, when I accidentally stumbled upon her in front of the library in the college. When I first saw her, my eyeballs could not initiate even the slightest degree of movement away from her. She was like an angel who descended from the heavens; her smiling eyes were calming, her wavy shiny black hair, her nose, they were all perfect.
               


               But now, considering the current condition, I feel nothing but emptiness. Void. It is void that is filling the emptiness. Well, everything started to change when Jenny got enrolled into one of the famous colleges in the country. Even though she kept denying the fact that she was not her old self anymore, but I always looked at her as different person. Her new friends had given her significant negative transformation to her life. I don’t like the way she talks now, the way she rolls her eyes when we pass by some guys by the streets, the way she loves me, the way she cares about me. She’s being extremely intolerant and egoistic with her own helluva of ideologies which dramatically contradict my principles. In short, I don’t love her anymore.


No comments:

Post a Comment