Pages

Friday 10 February 2012

As Sweet as Football

Great. Just great. The football league is just around the corner and I can’t help myself struggling with injury. My right knee’s been called again to the injury list. Merely weeks before the start of my schooling in KL, I was playing futsal with my friends and that’s when the old wound bled again. I went to the masseur whose service had always been the one I looked for. I got some wires tangled in there, the result after conducting some majestic footwork. haha. 

The bones too, are swollen. I hardly moved in that period of fresh injury. I tried to hide it from my parents at first, but the cat was out of the bag as soon as a cousin who paid us a visit noticed about my strange catwalk. I was scolded by my mom, but never mind, I am used to it.


Talking about the football league, I sense a pinch of remorse in me. Had I ignored my friend’s invitation to play on that fateful night, I must have been able to go on training with my teammates every evening starting from the opening of the new semester. The team captain told me his plan to put me up front as striker pairing with some other guy whom I just knew from the previous semester. 


But then again, man proposes God disposes. I could hardly sprint amidst the pitch; or worse I would even not able to dribble pass the opponents, and, not to mention-the worst case scenario that might happen- I can’t shoot accurately and with power given the condition of my right knee. Scoring goals is the job of a striker after all. Our team is not really abound with players who take the role as strikers. So, for the time being, I can say I am one of the top dogs in our team.


Tapi tu lah, lutut aku sakit. Macam mane aku nak main. Oh Tuhan, sembuhkanlah lututku dan berikan aku peluang untuk menikmati manisnya bola sepak, sekali lagi. Amin.

No comments:

Post a Comment