Pages

Tuesday 23 October 2012

A Snake from the Dark Cave


This is my observation for the past three weeks when i was attending an appointment at the physiotherapy unit.


28th September 2102

Today is a good day for me. Everyone at the physiotherapy unit treated me well. Out of 5 stars, I’d give them 4.5.Yes. It’s that good and convenient, except that unpleasant chief medical officer who kept yelling to the nurses. 

There was no hustle bustle inside the gym. Everything was so calm, and everyone was in a very relaxed pace. I met with a guy around my age who has just undergone an ACL surgery. So, we got the same case. An ACL tear. He looked suffered when he tried to do the step-up-and –down exercise. My heart wobbled a bit. Maybe I will have to undergo the same predicament as his after having my operation. 

The exercises given for me today were quite tough. It took me to use almost all of my strengths to do the weightlifting using my right leg.  It was hard, but it was fun I guess. I was attended by a friendly Chinese doctor, known as Mr. Han, and I was glad I was under his supervision. He’s a good doctor. He did not yell and shriek. I hate the Malay doctor who perpetually scolded his subordinates. I don’t like this kind of doctor. I despise those who unconsciously practice Social Darwinism: the survival of the fittest. I would not like the scene of the nurses get humiliated in front of the patients. 

Maybe it is normal for this kind of thing to happen in hospitals, but still I think the wretched doctor can still change from being an instrumentalist to an expressionistic leader, who would care for the feelings and motivation of his under men.  




This looks exactly like the time how my knee was scrutinized by the doctors and nurses. They were all around me. I was feeling like a test subject who was about to undergo some kind of surgery to transform me into an android/superhero/future soldier. Touche

No comments:

Post a Comment